Friday 15 August 2008

What happened to the buttery pecans

Paddy and I attended the wedding celebrations of his nephew in New England recently. From the various events we each gathered two sets of wedding favours: buttery pecans, nicely packaged and tied with a white ribbon. We brought them home with us. And then:
  • I decided to take the pecans to work to share with my colleagues.

  • Paddy opened one packet at home and ate a few pecans.

  • I finished the packet (you mustn't let them go stale).

  • I opened one more packet at home and ate quite a lot of pecans.

  • Paddy finished the packet (you mustn't let them go stale).

  • I decided to let Paddy take the remaining pecans to work to share with his colleagues.

  • Someone opened the third packet at home.

  • Someone or two finished all the pecans (you mustn't let them go stale).

  • Paddy opened the fourth packet at home and ate a few pecans.

  • I finished the packet (you mustn't let them go stale).
All I can say is: we didn't let them go stale.

No comments:

Post a Comment