Friday 26 October 2007

Wait your turn!

Brent Cowgill alerted me (via UKOA) to this wonderful story in the Daily Mail. Published on 23rd October, it is about a petrol station cashier who told a robber she was too busy to serve him:
Instead of surrendering the £15 cash from her till, the 51-year-old turned to the raider and told him she was too busy to deal with him.

I just got on with it," she said. "British people don't stop work just because someone is trying to bully us with guns."

Yesterday David Collinson, 42, was beginning a seven-year jail sentence after he was convicted of robbery at Gloucester Crown Court.
When her colleague told her she had to give the robber money,
"I said, 'Whatever for?'"

[snip]

"I was going to thump him, but I thought twice because it may well have been a real gun. Anyone that knows me, knows that I would."
Good for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment